Sunday, October 12, 2008

Pumpkinfest- Henry.

Mama says every state has things it's known for. Ohio has county fairs and jello. Wisconsin had cheese, sausage, beer and the Packers. She's been trying to figure out what North Carolina can call its own. And she's pretty certain the church festival/sale is it.
Since there's literally a church on every corner, there are endless possibilities for children's consignment sales, bake sales, holiday bazaars, and various produce themed festivals. Yesterday, we headed over to a Methodist church for their Pumpkinfest.

We had heard people refer to this church as the "Pumpkin Church," but were never really sure why. It's because about a week before Pumpkinfest, they fill up the front yard with about 10,000 pumpkins of all sizes.
Then for 3 hours, they have a big party where you can go buy them and do other fun pumpkin related activities.

Don't worry, I'm not going to drop this pumpkin on Juner's head. I was trying to balance it there.



We took a break from the pumpkins for some pumpkin muffins. Yum!

Juner loved hers and mama couldn't pick out the raisins fast enough for her liking. She ate two before the day was over.

I decided I wanted to paint a pumpkin. I was very pleased with the final result.


We left my pumpkin to dry and snapped a quick family picture.

When we went back to pick up my pumpkin, someone had taken it home with them. Apparently, all pumpkins painted by 2 and 3 year olds look the same to some people. But the good news is that I got to paint another pumpkin! This time we were sure to put my name on it.

No comments: