Monday, April 6, 2009

The saddest post you'll see all week- mama.

Henry spends 95% of his time asking if he can watch TV. (This is why I miss our basement- out of sight, out of mind.) We try to limit TV time to less than an hour a day. And I prefer to reserve that hour for the grumpiest time of the day- after naps and before supper.
Today Henry asked all day and I told him he could watch Word Girl when he got up from his nap if he came straight downstairs without any whining at the top of the stairs and directly outside our bedroom where June naps. He complied and came straight downstairs and asked to watch TV.

But poor baby Juner did not fare so well this afternoon. She woke up after only an hour and a half nap. I fought her for a half hour to go back to sleep before I gave up and brought her downstairs. I turned on Sesame Street to entertain her because she was eating up my precious half hour nap (no one's got it worse than mama). She was such a pitiful ball of sad that I brought her on to the couch with me for a snuggle. And in the first time in about a year, without the help of a 105 degree fever (the only time Henry has ever cuddled in his life), June actually cuddled me back for a half hour. Poor kid must be feeling bad. Or maybe Elmo has completely rotted her brain.

Even after I got up to start supper, she remained like this:



That is one pitiful baby.


Looks like this gugger needs someone to come and cuddle her full-time. Life has really got her down. Aunt Jenni, after UNC wins tonight, you two can come be sad together.

No comments: