Sunday, May 9, 2010

The train museum- June.

We had so much fun with Miss Susan, but Henry repeatedly worried that papa would mind that we left town while he was gone.

Since Spencer is on the way back home, we decided to stop off at one of our old hang-outs- the north Carolina Transportation Museum.

First stop, the gift shop and the Thomas train set. Since I can now say the word "Thomas," I obviously thought that I should be the one to play with the Thomas train and not James or Bertie. Mama made us take a few turns, before Henry just let me have Thomas for good. But mama drew the line when I insisted on having the two coal cars Henry had. She made me stand outside with her while Henry played inside by himself. (It was a rainy Monday morning in early May- we owned the place.) Henry eventually just tried to give me what I wanted because he knew my fits would mean an early departure. As nice as that was, mama wouldn't let him appease my demands.
Things have changed since we last visited the Roundhouse. There were lots of new trains in each "parking spot."
There was a full size replica of the Wright Flyer. Henry remembered when he visited Kitty Hawk with Papa and Grandpa Seibert last summer and liked how the Wrights had to lay down on their bellies to fly the plane.
Do you think these two kids are related?
We faced a long drive home on a drizzly day, but mama had a secret weapon hidden in the front seat. We miss you, Cookout.
Despite the fact that the car DVD player finally kicked the bucket, we were very good for mama on the way home. She did rig up her laptop so we could watch a movie, but the sound wasn't loud enough, so Henry and I sang the whole way home.

Well, almost all the way home. Of course, I fell asleep 10 minutes from home.

No comments: