Monday, September 13, 2010

First day of school- June.

Last Thursday was the first day of school for Henry and I. Well, Henry had a visitors day on Tuesday and a shortened "practice" day on Wednesday, so he insisted that it was really his second day of school.
Still, he was so excited that he dress himself (in his Votto shirt, of course) and headed downstairs while mama got Georgie and I ready. When we came downstairs, Henry had dragged the step stool over to the cupboard and retrieved bowls and spoons. Then he poured cereal for everyone so we wouldn't be late! What a guy. Mama says that maybe on the weekends, she'll leave cups of milk in the fridge so he can make his own breakfast and let us sleep in. (We count on Henry to wake us all up in the morning so we're not late for school. That's why he's the one with the watch.)
Classic Henry and June.
Georgie was mad that she doesn't get to go to school. This year Henry goes 5 days a week from 9-2 and I go from 9-12 two days a week. Since mama hasn't been cleared to go back to the gym yet, she's getting pretty bored without us around.
We're car pooling with John this year. They are so excited to be in Mrs. Williams' class.
Mama didn't get a picture of me in front of my classroom, but I love school. My teachers found out early that I love dinosaurs and the other kids found out not to bother my dinosaurs! This is why i'm going to school. to learn to play with others. It may take a while. Mama was only slightly sad that I didn't look back when we got there and cried when she came to pick me up, but that's what she expected. School was so fun, I was exhausted and threw a fit until she put me down for a nap.
Maybe being a big girl isn't so bad after all. Every night before bed, I strip down and sit on the potty. Mama isn't too thrilled to take on the job of potty training just yet. So she's not disappointed that nothing has happened on the potty yet. But it looks like it might be soon.

No comments: