Thursday, October 14, 2010

My journal-Henry.

At school, we have journals in which to draw pictures and practice writing letters. Natalie carries around a little notebook and write the words she knows. I've been taking this all in and it dawned on me that I could write things on my own too.

When the Seibert party started to wind down, papa took us inside for baths so mama could stay out and talk with the grown-ups. (Thanks, papa) After baths, I picked up the magna doodle and got to work. With all the Dick and Jane I've been reading, I knew how to spell most of the words. And I sounded out the rest. I was pretty pleased with myself.


Since I still need some practice with my handwriting, my "journal" says:
Henry and June
Henry reeds Dick and Jane
Henry likes to reed

(We can't figure out why Blogger keeps turning this picture, but gave up trying to fix it after reloading it 10 times. Hopefully you can read it.)

No comments: