Sunday, November 23, 2008

Our second Christmas miracle-Henry.

Friday morning we woke up to a Christmas miracle! There was snow on the ground! It wasn't so much snow as frozen sleet, but we'll take it anyway.
Mama had been feeling sad that everyone had snow except us, so mother nature sent this little treat our way. Papa spent the morning grumbling about how he moved to the south so he would never have to see snow again. The locals all freaked out because they didn't know how to function with a heavy dusting of frost on the grass. If you can believe it, this weather emergency actually got the high schoolers across the street a two hour delay. For a school that doesn't even start until 9am on a normal day. We went out at 7:30 and the roads were dry.

I was so excited to see snow again that I ran outside in my boots and short-sleeved t-shirt. All the neighbors thought I was crazy.

I crunched on the snow for a while then ate all the ice off the bottom of the recycling bin. Then mama made me come back inside.

No comments: