Sunday, April 19, 2009

Trip to SC- Sunday- Henry.

This morning, we decided to take it easy and stay close to home. The Turners were up bright and early and let Miss Leah sleep in a bit, so we headed outside to cover their sidewalks in chalk and terrorize their neighbors.
When we finished, we headed to the botanical preserve that is right behind their apartment.


It was a good morning to go and look for suns of spring, which were abundant.

If you look close under the group of three rocks, you'll spot the bug dragging the body of another bug. I spotted them and was fascinated watching them. I then declared that they were good friends and one was helping the other. What a sheltered world my parents are raising me in.

While the park was only a acres big, it had lots of trails and many little streams leading into the pond in the middle. I jumped across these rocks at least 10 times looking for pebbles to throw in the water.

There was also functional wood art throughout the park, including this boy sized throne.

Mama thinks thei park is where all the eagle scouts complete their final project, because there were many bridges built over the little streams. I got brave on this one and decided to climb both sides.
Mama says I'm growing up, because old Henry wouldn't have had the guts to do this.

Miss Leah and I practiced on the balance beam. We didn't get a shot of it, but I also had a good time running back and forth over a balance beam that was laid across a shallow stream bed. And I never lost balance!

After the first 50 stones, mama said I was going to fill up the lake and placed a 3 stone limit on each place we stopped.


Miss Leah got this great shot of us sitting nicely together.

But this shot more accurately portrays what we're really like.

We had an awesome weekend and I already asked papa to drive us back tomorrow. Thanks for having us, Miss Leah and Mister Josh!

1 comment:

Leah Vincent said...

I had a great time to Henry...especially in DC...not on an SC trip!! Love ya.