Monday, August 3, 2009

Gracie's birthday party- June.

On Saturday, Gracie held a great party to celebrate her 4th birthday. We hoped to get better pictures, but someone (Henry) woke up from his nap still very tired after a long week of no naps and spent most of the party drowning in a sea of unbearable whine.

There was a pinata that everyone took a swing at (except Henry, who cried that he wanted a turn then refused to take one).

I spent my time playing in the water table and getting eaten alive by bugs.

Grace had the coolest birthday cake. Mama's best memory of her birthdays as a little girl involve beautiful barbie cakes like this. She was very pleased to see this cake.

There were five older kids and three little brothers and sisters running around. It was a mad house. Henry, of course, didn't handle it well, and spent the whole party demanding that mama stay with him at all times.

Here's the big moment.

I didn't mess with the big kids' table. I found this Bumbo seat in the corner of the kitchen floor, climbed in and proceeded to eat 4 slices of watermelon.

Audrey held out for some strawberry cake.

Later, the rest of the kids cleared out and we stuck around to pay for a little while.
Henry finally stopped whining and started having fun. He decorated his balloon with a sticker face then teased me with it.

Finally I got one of my own.


Gracie's grandpa showed me how to bounce the balloon and I had a good time trying it on my own.

No comments: