Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Gingerbread house- Henry.

Every year, Aunt Girl and I decorate a gingerbread house.
Mama had to put the house together so the frosting would be dry and the house would be stable for us to decorate. Unfortunately, she put roof on too soon and it fell off the house, off the counter, and on the floor where it broke into 15 pieces. Luckily, mama was able to paste it back together with frosting and salvage Christmas.

All week, candy kept "falling" off the house and "right into my hand," which I took as a good reason to eat it.

All week, mama and papa caught me sneaking cookies and candy and I came up with some really good excuses. Why was I out on the porch with the cookie tray? I was making sure the babies weren't stealing cookies? Why am I covering my mouth (that was probably filled with candy)? I was just coughing.
Regardless of my sneaky behavior, we had a good time decorating.

And we even declared that Sadie was big enough to help (I was just two when I made my first house). She did a good job until she realized she was touching candy and then she just ate our decorations.


Grandma took me grocery shopping and was so impressed that I didn't ask for anything during the whole trip that she bought a gallon of chocolate milk (also a big favorite amongst Aunt Girl and Papa). After a big glass of milk, my tummy was hurting, so Grandma put me to bed and read me some stories.

No comments: