Monday, January 11, 2010

Fernbank Natural History Museum- Henry.

Despite the fact that we only got home on Wednesday, papa had to leave Thursday to go down to Atlanta for a conference. He had to go back on Saturday for another talk, so we decided to go with him.
While he was off presenting, he dropped us off at the Fernbank Natural History Museum. It had a huge Argentinosaurus that was so big we couldn't fit the whole thing in the picture.


We ate lunch in the cafeteria and spent the afternoon playing in all the kid's rooms. I fished in the pond.

And fed the baby birds worms.

But the best part of the whole museum was the flower pollination game.
You put the wiffle balls in the flowers and they go through a maze and come out the bottom. We easily played with this for over an hour.

We visited the Naturalist Center for a presentation of live animals. Mama was impressed because for the first time in my life I raised my hand and asked a question. ("How old is the snake?" ) Then I got to touch the snake!

After papa was done with his conference, we went out to eat to watch the Bengals lose another playoff game in the first round. Despite the loss, at least mama and papa got to watch the whole thing because both June and I were very good for the whole three hours. Thanks again, Grams and PawPaw for the Leapster video game. It kept me happy for hours.

On Sunday, we bummed around most of the day. Mama spent most of the day sleeping and watching football. The south has changed her because she can't seem to keep warm in our 68 degree house. She was curled up with her hat on under a blanket when I decided this umbrella would probably help her keep warm. I'm just that nice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Henry,
Please take me to see that HUGE dinosaur the next time I come to visit.

Love,
Grams