Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Camp out- Henry.

On Saturday night, mama was cleaning out our closet while we took baths. She found a tent that Aunt Molly gave me when we lived in Wisconsin. We never got it out in North Carolina because there was never any room in our little house. But now we have so much room, mama pitched it right away. I was so excited that we immediately threw a book party and begged mama to let me sleep in it for the night. Luckily, mama was in a good mood and agreed. She said I could sleep in it on nights that I don't have school in the morning. It was the best, and luckily there was a window on the side I could stick my legs out.
Mama's only worry was that June would be so mad she wasn't sleeping in the tent too. It took her a little longer to calm down (like that's possible- her norm is over an hour). But we both went to sleep with no incident, so mama says we can put the tent up again this weekend.

When mama cleaned the closet, she got out the summer shoes she'd been saving. June has new flip flops to pair with those shapely legs.
And I have new sandals.

Our toys are all getting new lives as I've started designing and building on my own. I have so much fun building my marble run and train tracks, with only a little help from mama or papa.

For all of you contemplating a trip down south, now is the time. June is super fun and adding new words every day. New favorites this week are "Baby" and "Dorge," meaning a baby doll she has made her favorite for bedtime and my old Curious George doll that I decided was no longer my favorite for bed and gave June. Papa decided she also has a highly developed sense of humor. For example, she has started calling mama "Mom-mmmmmeeee" in a highly mocking fashion. She also calls papa "Pa. Pa." when she really prefers to call him "That mama." She also likes to make her eyes very large and round, put her face right up next to yours, and stare you down before erupting into giggles. And she's very well known for faking sleep when mama opens her door to get her out of her car seat.

Like papa says, either she's out of her mind happy or has never been so unhappy in her whole life. She's going to be a handful in middle school.


Here's an image to make you laugh. This is the angel I made at Christmas. It's by far mama's favorite school art. When she asked me what I was doing in the picture, I told her I was making my "angel face." Oh boy.

No comments: