Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The day off- June.

We didn't have school on Monday. Some sort of teacher-in-service day, though the same day is celebrated in some states as Confederate Memorial Day. (South Carolina officially celebrates it on May 10- the anniversary of Stonewall Jackson's death.)
Papa was going to take Bubba and I hiking. I slept in until 10am, interrupted by a few brief periods of dry heaving. I woke up in a good mood and drank a little milk. Good thing mama and papa decided that we shouldn't go all the way to the mountains to hike, because we got to the park and I threw up all over myself and my car seat.
That's why I came back wearing only one of Buster's sweatshirts. The good news is that this seems to be one of my spontaneous barfing days. I didn't get sick after this and seem to be fine today.


While I was cuddling my teddy bear and watching Dora, mama was on a mission to clean up the kitchen. She started cleaning out the cupboards and realized that she was not going to be able to clean out all of the lower cabinets, especially as cluttered as they were. So she called up Matt next door and offered him five dollars to come over and empty everything out and wipe everything down. It was well worth the cost to have a willing 7-year-old to help out. Plus, when he was done, he stuck around and played with Henry as well as any 7-year-old can when dealing with a 4-year-old eager to show off his toys. (The kitchen looks great now, by the way. It hasn't been this organized since we moved in. Unfortunately, as soon as we had everything cleaned out, a colony of ants moved in and attacked a jar of honey. So mama and papa got to clean out the pantry again tonight.)
We got a package in the mail and were so excited to get two new books from PawPaw! And they came with DVDs of him reading the books to us!

Mama tried to get us to read along in the book, but we wanted to watch the videos instead. Thanks PawPaw!

No comments: