Thursday, May 13, 2010

Field trip- June.

Today, Henry's class went on a field trip to a park in Pendleton. We feel like fools because we've never been to this park before. It was great- and shaded. Mama finally got a picture of Henry and Kefu, though Henry refused to cooperate.
Henry wanted to take this picture for PawPaw.
I climed the stairs to the top of the slide, but refused to slide down it. Instead, I stood at the top and told all the kids when they could go, like a life guard at a water park. "Go! Slide!" Apparently, I broke a heart today too. Henry's classmate Landon spent most of the morning following me around and helping me out. When I was up on the slide, he came up to mama and complained that no one would play with him. She asked if he had asked anyone to play with him and he responded "I keep asking Henry's little sister and she won't ride down the slide with me." Sorry Landon, I like boys my own age.
I wanted to ride that motorcycle ("sickle!"), but after two minutes of making my own vroom sounds, I got mad that it wasn't going anywhere. I got off the bike and looked all around it to see what was the problem. Turns out the whole thing is made of wood and the wood is attached to the playground. No amount of pulling could get it loose, so I had to abandon the cause. By the way, how does a little girl get so dirty so quickly?
On the way out, I climbed the "tuttles."
Now that we're on our "no clutter, crumbs, or messes or else the ants will get worse" plan, mama used some of her birthday money for a new mini vacuum to sweep under the table three times a day. (We generate a LOT of crumbs.) It's essentially a Dust Buster with a detachable handle. Henry was PUMPED to use it. He literally vacuumed every inch of floor in the house tonight, including the stairs. Looks like this purchase has already paid off.



Did you think I couldn't get any cuter? Check out this video of me singing with papa after I insisted he rock me like a tiny baby.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

June,
We loved hearing you sing. Every word was even heard by GG Gramps.
We love all of you guys,
GG&GG

Sadie and Dash said...

was that an Iron & Wine music video? Sam Beam looks HORRIBLE.