Tuesday, June 22, 2010

John's birthday party- Henry.

On Saturday morning, mama told me we were going to a birthday party for our friend John.

And it was at the fire station! How cool is that? We got to explore the truck. (All of the seats have tiger paws embroidered on them, in case you were wondering.) I chose not to climb inside.
And then we all got to take turns on the fire hose.
Of course, I didn't want a turn on the hose either. But awesome James is always eager to volunteer for anything.
Miss Kerri said it's a good thing the drought is over, because they wouldn't have let us spray this much water last year.
Miss Juliet had tons of great activities planned. We blew bubbles.
And everyone got a turn on John's bubble gun.
Mama wouldn't let me spray any bubbles in her mouth.
Next, we decorated treat bags. James is dressed as the Green Power Ranger.
Andy tried his luck with the bubbles. I wonder if they tasted good.
Everyone put a lot of effort into their bags.
The fire engine balloon was a surprise hit.
We acted out the day of a fireman. I actually participated in this one.
But the big fun came when the pinata came out! Everyone got to pull a string to try and open it.
Mister Tony rigged it so his string released the loot. I've got to say, it was the best behaved bunch of kids I've ever seen. Everybody took one of each prize and no one left the pile crying.
The best prize was this truck whistle that is incredibly loud and piercing. June and i both love blowing it as loud as we can. Thanks a lot, John.
Don't forget the cake!
And the ice cream.
After the snacks, we got to take a tour of the inside of the firehouse. Mama stayed outside to eat her ice cream while we toured the building. I was disappointed that there weren't any fire poles to slide down, but they did have beds with wheels on them in the ambulances.

Thanks for inviting us to your party, John! I've already requested that my next birthday party be at the fire house too!

1 comment:

Juliet said...

Thanks for the great post, Miss Becky and Henry! We were so glad you were there!