Saturday, June 5, 2010

Mern- Henry.

Back in Ohio, we took a few days to recover from our awesome Tour of C-Town.
Sadie spent most of the week with us, and Aunt Katie and Uncle Adam were nice enough to drive up from Columbus almost every night to hang out. This meant a lot to mama, because after driving so much, there's nothing she hates more than getting back in the car.
On Thursday, June and Sadie butted heads. They are both headstrong two year old girls. Sadie was not used to having other kids on her Grandma's turf and June wasn't used to someone who isn't as habitually accommodating as her older brother. Mama took the opportunity to calm things down a little with a book party. I asked her to bring my tent, so she set it up and loaded it up with books.
Sadie and I searched the house for super silly books (we finally found a funny jelly bean book and two pig books). Sadie and i got along great the whole time. I don't mind taking orders from a girl (and Sadie's almost bigger than me anyway) and I think Sadie loves me because I'm older than her. June played in the basement by herself for a half hour and eventually joined us.
Mama took advantage of Aunt Katie being gone and fed Sadie a popsicle for a snack after her nap. A little bribery to up her position to favorite aunt never hurt (like she has any chance against Aunt Jill). Her plan backfired when I woke up and also demanded a popsicle. Also, she looked it up and popsicles only have about 30 calories in them anyway. Next time, Sadie, mama promised to give you ice cream. That's where the sugar is at.


Unkie came up one night with fireworks. Okay, they're just these weird little things you throw on the ground and they explode. Papa and Uncle Adam said that all kids play with these, but mama still took the opportunity to worry about someone losing a finger. (Aunt Jenni backs her up on this one. Apparently, they were the only kids in America who didn't play with explosives growing up.)
June thought the popping balls were so funny.
I did too. Can't you tell?
Papa and Grams posed for a picture, with all their fingers intact. Phew.
All the cars were moved so the boys could shoot some hoops. When June saw a basketball, she came running. She is so much more interested in sports than I am.

With Mister Anthony around, slam dunks are pretty easy.

During the game, Sadie made sure the bords had plenty of nesting materials.
Later, Unkie brought out the big guns- sparklers. Too bad for them, sparklers are really hard to light with matches on a windy day. They eventually got a couple lit. Mama let me hold one, but I got nervouse and gave it back after two seconds. I definitely take after the Seibert side of the family.

No comments: