Thursday, June 17, 2010

My "precious"- Junie.

Miss Elizabeth traveled to India for three weeks this spring. Lucky for us, she was thinking of me when she did some shopping, as she sent me this very pretty dress.
I was skeptical the first time mama put it on, but now every time I see it, I insist that I wear it.
I was so cute, Grams insisted on taking me to Sears to get my picture taken.
For the first time ever, a Turner kid cooperated for professional pictures!
The entire process was actually enjoyable.
This one showcases my round teeth.
Somewhere along the line, someone must have said that I was precious in my dress, because I now refer to it as "My Precious." (One dress to rule them all.)
Mama made a deal with Henry that he could earn a dollar if he was good during the pictures. He gladly accepted her proposition, especially if it meant that he didn't have to have any pictures taken. He sat quietly, then held me hand and walked me around the store looking for shirts with animals on them.
He was so good, mama gave him a dollar and Grams gave him another dollar. He picked out a car and a set of Car movie swim goggles. I got a dollar and got a new horse.

Mama also got a bunch of new puzzle for Henry to earn. He's so excited to get them, he begged mama to let him vacuum up acorn caps in the yard. She agreed, but told him that he was only allowed to do chores if he took a nap. He asked "Do I have to eat a good supper too?" Of course, mama said. Apparently, we only let the most well-behaved kids perform manual labor in this house.
What a pretty little girl. Mama says that she hopes this new baby is a boy. She says I'm too cute for everyone's good and the last thing we need is another cute, charming girl. It certainly worked out well for me when I was awake at 10pm tonight and papa let me come downstairs to watch tv with him.

Speaking of the new baby, mama had her 32 week appointment this week. She's measuring 30 centimeters (you're supposed to measure 1 centimeter for every week). So that proves she's carrying low. The doctor said everything looks good, but wondered why mama looked so pale after being gone on vacation for three weeks. Mama told him that she's actually tanner than she's ever been in her life, and really, shouldn't he want her to stay pale?

3 comments:

Leah said...

My Precious....

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful dress. It makes you look like "Most Huggable of the Year" and the most beautiful girl in town. Always our Huggie Babe!!
Love,
GG&GG

Anonymous said...

You are our our PRECIOUS!
GG&GG