Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Splash park- Henry.

On Sunday morning, we wanted to get outside, so we headed up to Worthington to an awesome splash park!
Of course, the Turner kids didn't want to have much to do with the big fountains.
I did spend a good amount of time playing with that water gun behind Juner. I sprayed lots of kids in the head.
June eventually got up the nerve to put her hands around this pole that was spraying water and got herself a little bit wet.

Mostly, she stood on the edge and watched Sadie play in the water. At least someone had a good time.

I didn't play much because our weird injury trend continued on Sunday morning. I came into mama and papa's room complaining that my ankle itched. With her eyes closed, mama rubbed some cream on it. (I don't even think it was hydrocortisone. I think she just put lotion on it to make me think it would stop itching and maybe go back to bed. Best mom ever.) Later when she did wake up, she noticed it was a little swollen. I told her it didn't hurt, so she thought maybe she had another twisted ankle on her hands. (We got papa's brains and mama's weak ankles.) As the morning went on, my leg kept swelling. When we got to the park, my leg was swollen up to my knee and my other leg was covered in splotches. Mama spent the rest of the time on the cell phone calling people to see if we should head to the emergency room. It was finally decided that we'd hold tight unless I started acting sick, got a fever, or had trouble breathing. I got a few doses of Benadryl and by evening, my ankle was back to normal. We figure something must have bit me in my sleeping bag during the night. Hopefully, we can now have a few quiet weeks without any major injuries or poisonings.
Since I just wanted to hang out with papa, I commandeered the camera. Here's a sweaty mama.
A serious papa (he was pretty worried at this point).
The splash park.
And the playground directly behind it. We spent most of our time over here. Besides the splash park and playground, this park also had a community center and an amphitheater. Plus, train tracks ran right past it! Two trains went by while we were there.
On our way out, I got some pictures of the flowers. I took about 75 more pictures. Maybe i got more from mama besides her weak ankles.

No comments: