Friday, August 6, 2010

A boy and his bike- June.

Every since the Tour de La France, Henry has been dying to get out on his bike. We've gone to Clemson Elementary a few times to ride because the parking lots are fairly flat.
And we've been riding around our neighborhood too, which is not even close to being flat. Henry is getting much more bold about coasting down big hills and will ride very slowly down every hill but one.
And while he's trying harder to ride up hills, a one speed bike just won't get you over some of them. He and mama had a big fight this week about pushing his bike up the hill. He thought she would do it, and she got selfish and said she couldn't push a stroller, a belly, AND a bike up a hill. Eventually, Henry pushed his own bike up.
Henry's next big wish is for lights on his bike so he can ride at night. Papa said yes to the lights, but no to riding at night. At least we can see that his reflectors are working.
Check out my cute monkey jammies! Mama found I'm much happier if I get to hang out for a while in my jammies instead of getting dressed. So she's been much more liberal with pajama wearing. For instance, it's one 1:30 and I'm still wearing my "Dora precious" purple nightgown.

On Wednesday, mama finally came through on a promise she made Henry months ago- to take a bus ride! We met John and Christopher at the grocery station and we all rode on to campus to the Hendrix Center (the new student union). We ate a packed lunch, then headed to the campus ice cream shop and all got cones!
The boys were very excited that they got to ride in a seat together with no grown-ups. It was a great trip. All 4 kids were well behaved, if a little wound up, and the whole trip only took about an hour and a half.
This morning, Henry went to the beach with our friends while mama and I stayed at home. Mama was up at 5am having a few contractions and she thought today might be the big day. So she took the opportunity to FINALLY pack her bag for the hospital. Then the contractions stopped. But it was nice having a quiet morning and not have to spend it sitting in the hot water at the beach. So thank you, thank you, Miss Kerri and Miss Juliet for taking Henry with you.



Since I've had to ice my ankle at night, papa and I have spent some time on PBSkids.org playing the Super Why! Alpha Pig letter game. I'm up to about 75% accuracy. I like working on letters so much that I play the game by myself with our Boggle set. I even quote Alpha Pig by saying "Nooooow, where's the letter F?" "That's great!"

No comments: