Friday, August 6, 2010

Crafts and such- June.

Henry is on to his thurd church school of the summer. This one runs every week on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. James, John and Andy all go too, so we've been carpooling. We really need to get a picture of 5 kids between the age of 2 and 4 and a half shoved into one van. It's really loud. But I think all the moms are enjoying not having to drive to Seneca twice a day.
Henry has brought home all kinds of cool crafts. Most of them are hanging on the wall in our bedroom. But there have been a few more delicate pieces that just couldn't be saved. This octopus is great, but the paint is flaking off the foam, so it got a picture and met its fate.

We really loved this piece. Henry glued down the sand, laid the play-dough grass and painstakingly set up the straw fences. Then they put the animals in their zoo! We were sad to see this one hit the trash can, but every time it got moved, everything fell over and mama felt too bad to see Henry try to fix it over and over.
Henry's teacher pulled mama aside to tell her how good her was a coloring and putting puzzles together. That's our engineer. He's giving the 350 piece puzzle another go and this time he's done most of it on his own without mama having to separate out the different colors. If you'd told us a year ago that our spastic 3 year old Henry would mellow out into this patient craft -loving, puzzle-building kid, we'd never have believed you.
Exciting thigs are happening for me too. I've graduated to a cup! And am pretty pleased about it, if I must say so.
I'm pretty good about being careful, but did have an accident last night that involved spilling a full glass of milk into mama's lap. Needless to say, we got sent outside for the rest of the night.
Also, this week I got to go to school with Buster! Mama signed me up for the 2 year old class to have some piece and quiet before the baby storm hits. When mama dropped me off Tuesday morning, i ran straight to my class with Andy and didn't even look back. Henry did tell mama that about halfway through the morning, June started crying and they brought me into his class. He said that as soon as I saw him, I yelled "Buster!" and was just fine. I played in his class for a few minutes then they took me back to my class. The teachers didn't mention it to Miss Kerri at pick-up, so the rest of the day must have gone just fine.


Here's a video of Henry and I playing our new counting game. As you can imagine, it got very loud as it went on.

No comments: