Thursday, October 9, 2008

Dixie Classic Fair-Part 2- Henry.

We decided some fair food was needed, so we ordered a big plate of deep fried oreos.

We wanted to eat them right away, but they were still hot.

Finally they cooled down and I wolfed them down before Junery could reach over and grab one.

While we ate, we watch pig races! Too bad it started to rain so we didn't get a picture of the diving and swimming pig. Poor little guy was squealing so much that mama felt really sorry for it, so we left.

We headed over to the farm equipment to get our family Christmas card shot, but as with most large farm or construction equipment, I refused to get anywhere close to it, out of the fear that it might turn on. Even with the reassurance from the tractor seller that he left all the keys at home, I stayed safe in the stroller.

June had no problem with it and she was glad to get out of the stroller and show off.

She even climbed up in the big tractor.

Next, we took a walk through the chicken and pigeon barn and we got to watch some tiny baby chicks in an incubator.

My favorite part of the fair was this fountain. My favorite activity these days is playing in the sink. so this is a natural extension.

Mama was joking when she told me to put my head in it, but I thought it sounded like a good idea.

It sure felt good on a warm day.

I had so much fun that even my shirt got wet.

I can't wait to try this at home when mama's not looking!

Just goes to show you that a good time is usually free.

Mama eventually got me inside to look at the winning pumpkins. The winner was over 660 pounds, and there were another 4 that weighed in at over 400 pounds. How do you move a pumpkin that big?

We had a great time at the fair. We were pretty impressed for a non-4H fair. The animal barns were fun, the merchant's building peaked mama's interest just enough, the jarred vegetable hall was great, and the old timey village was educational. It even had ice cream being churned by tractor engines! You can't beat that!

The only part that freaked mama out was the booth that performed updo haristyles and makeup for little girls. Things sure are different down here.

When we got back to the car, I requested to remove my wet shirt and rode home with no shirt on.

Look at all that white skin! Maybe now I could fit in with all the other fair-goers looking for a good deal on a carton of cigarettes. (Mama overheard that it was a good place to buy them.)

No comments: