Sunday, October 4, 2009

The NC Zoo- June.

On Sunday, we decided to head to the zoo.
Mama finally gave up hope that we'd see any animals, and we had a good time enjoying all the other things the zoo had to offer. We played on the playground.



And slid down a really steep slide. I got nervous and Papa had to come up and flip me over on my belly because I refused to go down.

Henry had a good time climbing the web.

I tried to follow the big kids through this "vine."

To Aunt Jenni, we know what you're going to say about these pants. They fit last spring as pants, and now mama loves them as short leggings. I know they look ridiculous and I think that's why mama makes me wear them.

Mama loves this picture. And she loves this dress too. She lovingly refers to it as the "Nora dress" in homage to our friend Nora who wore a similar dress for weeks straight.

We did see a few animals. The bears were out and moving around. Henry wanted to see the lions, so we made the two mile walk to the African side of the zoo, where he spent a good 15 seconds looking at them before he took off.

But he did have fun climbing things.

Including papa. Nice glasses buster.
Mama tried for a good shot on this elephant.

But I took off, so she got one of me instead.

Henry ran the the course of the life size board game.
We rode the helicopter until Henry refused to get out and give the other kids a turn. Mama and papa knew this meant that Henry hit the wall after two nights of staying up well past 10 pm and two days of no naps. So they headed straight to the tram stop to take us back to the other end of the zoo. Henry took a good nap in the car. We had a great weekend, but we're glad to be back home now.

No comments: