Monday, June 29, 2009

Farm tour- part two- Juner.

Henry was so impressed by the hay ride, that he never stopped talking about it. Then he even started mumbling about buggy rides in his sleep, so mama called up the owners and begged them to hook up the buggy so a three year old would be happy. Luckily, they were very obliging and called us down for a second ride.

Henry was very excited to ride in the buggy and only wished that they had added a battery so they could put the flaps down and turn on the light inside.

He was invited to sit up front and hold the reigns, but he's still a wimp and chose to sit int he back instead.

Since mama missed the hay ride, she got to ride in the buggy. She was a afraid it would tip when they were riding on the side of the hill, but luckily it stayed upright and she didn't have to worry about surviving any of the bizarre Little House on the Prairie buggy accident story lines.

Here they are cozy inside the buggy. There were a few more pictures, but mama found out that her beloved Milwaukee Brewers shirt is not very flattering in photos and, as the editor of the blog, she has deemed them unworthy for public viewing. It's too bad too, because she really loves that shirt. But we are moving to South Carolina, and I don't think the big Miller Light logo stamped on the back would be very appropriate down there.
Sadie and I tried to roll the buggy on our own, but we're still not big enough.


While Henry was enjoying the buggy ride, I got to feed the goats again. I spent a good deal of time walking from the fence to the hay bales over and over. I really liked the goats.
The owner's grandkids spent their time trying to capture the kittens and even let Henry hold one. It wasn't as bad as he makes it look in this picture.

They didn't let me hold one, but I did my best to be gentle when I petted it. This little girl was very patient with Sadie and I, even though it landed her quite a few scratches from the kitten trying to escape.

Papa got some good "Little Juner on the Prairie Shots." I could totally pass for Carrie in the opening sequence.

Looks like we put the hat on too late. My nose is a little red from the sun.

I ate flowers until papa made me stop.

What a pretty place.

No comments: