Monday, June 29, 2009

Hocking Hills- Part 1- Juner.

The Cooper/Turner family took a family vacation to Hocking Hills two years ago and had so much fun, we all decided to go back. We stayed in the same cabin as last time, not only because it suited us so well, but also because it is located on a great piece of land that includes a pond and a working farm. Henry, PawPaw and Papa managed to find a level spot and slept out in the tent one night, but we forgot to take pictures.

One morning, we decided to head down to the farm to check out the animals.


I really liked the goats, and we were all surprised to find out that goats can be gassy enough so that they look pregnant. (One was literally twice as wide as a normal goat.)

It took me a while to get used to how agressive goats can be if you try to feed them hay.

But I wasn't scared at all when we found 3 little kitties to chase.
Aunt Kate caught one and I got to pet it.


Later, the owners hitched up their horses for a hayride. Henry was thrilled to ride, but once I caught sight of those horses, I didn't want anything to do with it. They were too big. I cried and tried to jump for 5 minutes before mama and I got off and skipped the rest of the ride.

I prefer this form of transportation better.

1 comment:

Sadie and Dash said...

You're still braver than your brother, June.