Saturday, October 10, 2009

Quiet weekend- Henry.

Mama says I need to work on not talking so much because it wears her out, so I've started singing instead.

We got this tator tot pirate ship in my Wacky Pack at Sonic. Mama put it together for me and I sang to her the whole time- mostly songs like:
"Sail, sail, sail, sail, sail, sail, sail, sail, sail,sail, sail, sail, sail, sail, sail, sail, sail,sail, sail, sail, sail."


Junie has started saying a few words, though never any of them twice. We all swear that we've heard her say the following words: "Thank you, I love you, shoe, dinosaur, bottle, and doll."
Mama says she wonders if I only notice her once a week. This week I proclaimed that the rear view mirror in our car is used "so mama can check her make-up." Then Iran inside and found some "armpit makeup" (deodorant). This is silly because everyone knows that mama seldom wears makeup and rarely wears deodorant! (Zing!)

Central, the town north of us, is trying to reposition itself as a railroading town. And not just the rundown kind, which is what it really is.) But mama found out that a model railroading group owns a house in town and is transforming the whole house into a big display. It is still very early in the process, but there is one working display of trains from pre-1955. I think we're going to be regulars at the train house.
Mama went to my parent-teacher conference at school on Friday. She wasn't surprised to hear that I love being in school and love working on letters. She was surprised to hear that I love circle time and am always quiet, well-behaved and eager to follow rules. (This guy?!?) And as one of the older kids in my class, my teacher thinks that I'd fit better with the 4-year-old class. I start next week!

June responded to this news in the normal fashion- she screamed, ran around in a circle, and wrote all over herself in chalk.

No comments: